1. My notarial practice is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury whose address is:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone 020 7222 5381
Email [email protected]
2. The vast majority of my clients are extremely satisfied with the service I provide but if you are dissatisfied with the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a complaints procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write ( but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to :-
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
PO Box 7655
Email [email protected] notariessociety.org.uk
Tel : 01604 758908
If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society's Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure, or after a period of 6 months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you were not happy with the result:
PO Box 6806
Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Email: [email protected]
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman:-
i Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
ii Six years from the date of act/omission; or
iii Three years from when you should reaonably have known there was cause for complaint (only if the act or omission took place more than six years ago).
The act or omission, or when you should have reasonably known thre was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.
* certain types of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman - please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office.